Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Jul 2006 10:35:27 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         shiling99@YAHOO.COM
Subject:      Re: mergeing datasets WITHOUT prior sorting
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

I think it is legitimate. Put the following option before merge statement, you will see how sas merge works when connecting to a database defined through a libname engine.

options sastrace=',,,d' sastraceloc=SASLOG;

HTH

Andreww wrote: > Hi - I am working on a client site with SAS 9 which uses/allows to > connect to Oracle tables. > > I've been given some old code to convert and notice that there are a > load of merges in datasets with the correct "by" syntax... but the > input Oracle tables aren't sorted using proc sort in the code. > > When I run the datasetep with merge it seems to work i.e. no error > about by vars not sorted! > > I don't believe the tables are indexed on the by group var. > > Is this legitamate or have I just been lucky. > > Thanks > > Andrew