Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 21:47:12 EDT
Sender: Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From: Dave Magpiong <Dayvm@AOL.COM>
Subject: Intro to Birding Survey
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
Hello Georgia Birders,
I am an educator and birder from New Jersey. Currently, I am working on a
project to help get more of our youth interested in birding. It would be very
helpful to get an idea of how other birders got their start.
Below is a very brief, informal survey relating to both your early days of
birding and any prospective young birders in your life. Please e-mail your
responses to me off-list at Dayvm@aol.com
1) How old were you when you were first introduced to birding?
2) Who "recruited" you into birding? (relation to you but feel free to
include name also)
3) Where were you living when you started birding?
4) What is it about birds or birding that hooked you?
5) Do you have any children in your life? (including nieces/nephews,
grandchildren, students, scouting troop, etc.)
6) If yes to number 5, what are their ages?
Please feel free to forward this e-mail to any other birders you think may
be interested in participating!
Thanks in advance,
To search GABO-L archives or manage your subscription, go to
To contact a listowner, send message to
To view GABO-L information/guidelines, go to