Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (May 2006, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 4 May 2006 11:40:20 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Joe Whitehurst <joewhitehurst@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Training Wheels
Comments: To: Steven Raimi <steven.raimi@onstar.com>

Steve,

From my point of view, we are all toddlers in some context. Everytime someone tries something completely new they behave a lot like toddlers. And, remember, I specifically asked visceral reactors to ignore my posts.

Joe

On 5/4/06, Steven Raimi <steven.raimi@onstar.com> wrote: > Joe, > > I gotta tell you, you'd be much more persuasive if you'd make an effort > not to insult your target audience. The training wheels metaphor may be > apt, but I'm certainly less inclined to listen to you when you repeatedly > refer to me (and others who actually find macros valuable) as "toddlers". > Or when you repeatedly reference macros, but never once leave out the > derogatory adjectives. Hey, I've used SCL extensively in the past (and > really enjoyed it) - perhaps I'm more a brat or a pest than a toddler??? > If only we agreed with you enough to be considered adults... > > Steve >