Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2006, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Apr 2006 17:54:25 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Don <dmorgan@ROCKETMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Advice on controlling SAS from inside excel.
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

There are cases where I have sent complete sql insert routines over to SAS for inserting info into tables. To assemble the code properly I will assign a constant in the vb code like q=chr(34). This allows forcing the quote where needed. Then as the code is concatenated together in the VB I will place the q before and after text values (to be inserted) so that the sql syntax is correct and performs correctly.