Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:28:04 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Gerhard Hellriegel <ghellrieg@T-ONLINE.DE>
Subject:      Re: Macro - Plz Help

Yes, but that is senseless. FIRST.xxx and LAST.xxx are logical (numeric in SAS) indicators for a by-group to begin or to end, means, that makes only sense where you deal with observations (records). Macros are not dealing with obs, but are creating text

... %let a=1; %macro x; %if &a=1 %then %do; proc aisequalone; run; %end; %else %do; proc aisnotequalone; run; %end; %mend; options mprint; %x;

creates the text

proc aisequalone; run;

Maybe you will receive several error messages, but not from the macro! Have a look into the MPRINT section and you'll see, that the macro does what you told it: creating some text.