Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 13 Dec 2005 08:32:58 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         syam <syam1919@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Passing by reference
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Thanks a ton for sloving this problem. I have made little change in the code as my dataset contains characters.Here as below

%MACRO TEST( MEDIA_CODE1 = ) ; %PUT &MEDIA_CODE1 ; %MEND TEST ;

%MACRO NUM_OBSER( START= , END= ) ;

DATA _NULL_ ; SET CSYAM.file_data ;

do ind = &start to &end ;

IF ( Unique_Index = IND ) THEN CALL execute ('%TEST( MEDIA_CODE1 = "' || Media_Code||'" )' ) ;

end ; run ;

%MEND NUM_OBSER ;

%NUM_OBSER( START = 1 , END = 2 )

I have little doubt, is it does matters if we place %MACRO TEST( MEDIA_CODE1 = ) after %MACRO NUM_OBSER( START= , END= ) ; ? I am tlking about timing, could you explain little more on this. so that i can take care of it in future.

Once again Thanks a lot!

Syam