Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 13 Dec 2005 16:27:56 +0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         toby dunn <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Verifying if the variables are properly filled
Comments: To: junkdalejreyes@YAHOO.COM

Daniel,

Anyalpha and Anydigit functions. You will probrably want to construct the SAS code with the help of either dictionary tables or arrays.

Toby Dunn

From: Daniel Reyes <junkdalejreyes@YAHOO.COM> Reply-To: Daniel Reyes <junkdalejreyes@YAHOO.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Verifying if the variables are properly filled Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 08:19:01 -0800 I have several variables that should be alphabetic, numeric, or alphanumeric.

Is there a a quick test using SAS that will allow me to verify if an alphabetic variables has a numeric digit (0 through 9),

and if a numeric variable has an alphabet letter (A or a through Z or z),

and if an alphanumeric variables has a non-alpha, non-numeric special character?

Thanks!