Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2005, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 7 Dec 2005 11:43:05 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Richard A. DeVenezia" <rdevenezia@WILDBLUE.NET>
Subject:   Re: OTOH - Diference between SAS and Excel group
Comments:   To: sas-l@uga.edu

Hari wrote: > Hi, > > Just a small observation. > ... > My doubt is, wouldnt it be better if even in SAS group replies are > posted to group as it would be forever in the public domain for > everybody's edification. Also (though a minor point) if i need to see > a list of solutions to my question is much easier to search in google > groups which has a thread structure for a particular topic, while in > mail one has to click on each mail individually (I dont use Gmail much > but I think it probably has something very close to thread feature of > google groups) >

Theory: Many private senders msy have posted the same information publicly many times. Since you seem like a nice fellow, who perhaps haven't searched hard enough, you get the honor of a private mail cutting to the chase. Others might search better for the same info or simply twiddle their collective thumbs in darkness.

By all means, repost with permission, if you feel the greater good will be served by the information you have received. Or post your selfmade solution based on the private information you received.

My preference is too always respond to the group. If the questioner is too lazy too look up the answer later, so be it. If the questioner is someone I know who seems under stress, they might get a cc:. Some other preferences might be to always post _and_ cc.

-- Richard A. DeVenezia http://www.devenezia.com/