Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 Oct 2005 15:45:14 +0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         toby dunn <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Question about Documenting Macro Code
Comments: To: djwanna@hotmail.com

Donalee,

I agree with you on the fact that the logs can get hard to read and in many cases of macros I have written I intentionally turn off the macro options symbolgen mprint mlogic etc.... simply because I would have something along the lines of a thousand or more pages of a log to go through.

Your best bet in my opinion is to either modify an existing log parser or create your own. There by allowing you pluck the values from your log and create a report in any fashion you desire.

Toby Dunn

From: Donalee Wanna <djwanna@HOTMAIL.COM> Reply-To: Donalee Wanna <djwanna@HOTMAIL.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Question about Documenting Macro Code Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:00:38 -0500

I have a question ... we wish to "document" our macros to see how all of the macro variables resolve. I have tried to submit the macro without running it however this does not resolve the macro variables in order to see how the code would run. I know about the option symbolgen and mprint however the log is very hard to read.

I guess what I am looking for is a way to see the resolved macro code without actually running it in order to document the code.

Any suggestions? Thanks! Donalee Wanna djwanna@hotmail.com