Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 15 Sep 2005 17:19:21 +0200
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Miguel de la Hoz <miguel_hoz@YAHOO.ES>
Subject:      Random code generator

Hello everyone:

I have a 100.000 Database, each register has a secret number that a I cannot use so I have thougth to fmark up each register with a random number, so I can use something like:

data ouptut; set input; code=round(100000*ranuni()); run;

My purpose is to make a unique relation between this secret number and code.

I am happy until now just because each month my Database can increase or decrease the number or registers so I need to make 2 things:

1.- generate a new random code 2.- avoid any of the code use in the database before

I am thinking about the best way to solve this problem, I would like to read your comments to decide which is the best way...

Many thanks...

Miguel.

Correo Yahoo! Comprueba qué es nuevo, aquí http://correo.yahoo.es