Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Aug 2005 17:16:37 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Fehd, Ronald J" <rjf2@CDC.GOV>
Subject:      Re: Making an autocall macro library available to remote session?

> From: Steve > > I have a PC-SAS program which remote submits to a Unix box. My > autocall macro library is on the PC - is it possible to make this > available to the remote session?

I don't think so unfortunately I think the solution is to copy your macro library to the other platform.

if I understand the processing correctly, the platform only knows about itself and its environment. so accessing a macro in the caller's environment won't work.

here's my recent paper on the subject of Reuse

Tutorials A SASautos Companion: Reusing Macros http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi30/267-30.pdf

Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov