Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 Aug 2005 14:18:43 -0400
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         lhorsey <lhorsey@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Marshallville Sod Farm
Comments: cc: Shawn Stufflebeam <sstuffle@bellsouth.net>,
          AMontgo774@aol.com, Gail Russell <grussell@mindspring.com>

Within 5 minutes of reaching the spot pointed out by Bill Croce, Jim Wilson and I got a single upland sandpiper. Shortly thereafter we found a buff-breasted sandpiper, spotted sandpiper, pectoral sandpiper, and one or two horned larks. The particular spot is on Hwy. 49 South of Marshallville, before you reach the "Marshallville Super Sod" sign, almost directly across the street from the big white house with the six columns. Thought I would try to top off the day by looking for the black tern at E.L. Huie. No terns, but the great egrets looked like a chorus line with the occasional token great blue. It was 101 degrees on Tara Blvd. by 1:00.

Liz Horsey Northwest Atlanta lhorsey@mindspring.com