Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2005, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:05:30 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         saschick <jaynieb99@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: job interview... what sas skills for clinical trial research
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Thanks everyone. Toby, you should check out the rest of the world. The US is swimming in programmers, but the job is working abroad, hence the availability of entry level positions. Cheers!

"Barz, Ken" wrote: > If you haven't done it, you can't do it. I guess they have the original > people who did trials cloned in some vat somewhere (complete with > training), and they just grow a new one when they need to. > > I got into it by doing disease management metrics for an HMO, then > getting into the pharmaceutical by doing their systems first. Another > good way is to start at a research hospital where the trials are NIH > instead of FDA. (Doesn't pay much but it's a foot in the door for a > couple of years if that's what you want to do.) > > So with all that, I somehow woke up one morning in telecom. (A function > of the lack of a real pharma industry around here.) > > -----Original Message----- > From: toby dunn [mailto:tobydunn@hotmail.com] > Sent: Monday, June 20, 2005 2:54 PM > To: Barz, Ken; SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: Re: job interview... what sas skills for clinical trial > research > > Geez, every clinical SAS job I have applied turned me down because I > didn't > have any clinical trials experience. > > > > Toby Dunn > > > > > From: "Barz, Ken" <Ken.Barz@INTRADO.COM> > Reply-To: "Barz, Ken" <Ken.Barz@INTRADO.COM> > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: Re: job interview... what sas skills for clinical trial > research > Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 14:43:25 -0600 > > SAS-wise I mainly used Report and Tabulate on clinical trials (doing FDA > NDA reporting anyway.) There was some SAS/Graph and one regression > model. Macro programming also came in handy here as several reports > were generated by subject or site id. > > Our data management system, however, used AF,FSP,SCL and sixteen > gazillion intertwined macros. (e.g. Rube Goldberg machine) Hopefully > you'll wind up with something a bit more professional than that. > > -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of > saschick > Sent: Monday, June 20, 2005 1:38 PM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: job interview... what sas skills for clinical trial research > > Hey there, > I'm interviewing for an entry level sas programmer position, and I > wanted to brush up on my sas programming for clinical trials before the > interview. Any recommendations on what programming skills, procs, > procedures, etc, to look over? > I appreciate it!