Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2005, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 10 Jun 2005 05:16:59 -0700
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Joep <jsteeman@BUSINESSDECISION.COM>
Subject:   Re: The "Job vs. Career" question - was: SAS Assessment (by way
Comments:   To: sas-l@uga.edu

I've worked with SAS for almost 6 years now and passed 3 SAS V6 certifications about 4 years ago. Does that make me a good programmer? I've learned a lot and still are. Following the topics on SAS-L makes me realize there's still more that I don't know, then I do know for certain. I still have to watch closely what exactly will happen in my code.

To you SAS-L pro's, what will be the result of the next snippet of code, when run? Do you know for certain, just by looking at it, without trying, what will happen and apart from it being unexplained, undocumented, weird, etc?

data a; a = 1; b = 'a'; run;

data b; set a (where = (a = 'a') rename = (b=a) drop = a ); run;

Regards, Joep