Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2005)Back to main CICS-L pageJoin or leave CICS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:59:41 -0500
Sender:   CICS List <CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Fernando Morote <fmorote@BN.COM.PE>
Subject:   Re: CICS Uniprocessor ?

Thanks you , But, we need to go to parallel sysplex, do you think my cics will be good about time response ?

=================== Fernando Morote Arista Soporte TI anexo 11357 "Being truthful, when you know it will cost you, is the true test of honesty." - Dave Weinbaum

Russ Evans <russevans@CTEL.NET> Enviado por: CICS List <CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 13/06/2005 03:51 p.m. Por favor, responda a CICS List <CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>

Para CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc

Asunto Re: CICS Uniprocessor ?

What IBM says is true -- CICS "classic" runs almost entirely on a single processor. With CICS TS V2 and DB2, running in a 'theadsafe' configuration, you can run on multiple processors.

To get around the CPU limitation of CICS, your best bet is to split your region into an MRO configuration with a TOR and multiple AORs, with your applications distributed between the AORs to balance the CPU load.

This is not a trivial task. Good luck!

Russ At 03:42 PM 6/13/2005 -0500, you wrote:

>Hi all > We got migrate from OS/390 9672 x17 with 175mips one processor > to Z/OS z890 2086 with 132 mips three processors, but got some > troubles. We run CICSTS 1.3 and, IBM say us CICS is uniprocessor . It's > true ?? > > We got system slow ...very slow. How we know how many processors > we have using ?? > >Thanks. >=================== >Fernando Morote Arista >Soporte TI >anexo 11357 >"Being truthful, when you know it will cost you, is the true test of >honesty." - Dave Weinbaum

[text/html]