Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2005, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Apr 2005 13:44:39 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jim Groeneveld <jim1stat@YAHOO.CO.UK>
Subject:      Re: UPPER and lower case SAS code processing times difference
Comments: To: Charles Harbour <charles.harbour@PEARSON.COM>

Thanks Charles,

Yes, I remember such an article from about 30 years ago too. Not the same as this one. I must have it on paper somewhere around yet. I remember the statement, which is not in your reference: "Real FORTRAN Programmers always PEEK and POKE outside boudaries." And FORTRAN did (does?) not check for that, and that opened doors to really nice things.

And I also remember an extensive, pseudo serious and hilarious article about the complementary statement to GOTO: the COMEFROM statement. Would someone have that aroud? I don't have it.

Regards - Jim ;-) -- Y. (Jim) Groeneveld, MSc., Biostatistician, Vitatron b.v., NL Jim.Groeneveld_AT_Vitatron.com (replace _AT_ by AT sign) http://www.vitatron.com, http://home.hccnet.nl/jim.groeneveld

[common disclaimer]