Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2005)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Apr 2005 12:31:55 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         John Norton <jnorton@lumc.edu>
Subject:      Re: Output
Comments: To: Mahbub_Khandoker@camh.net

Hi Mahbub,

If you are copying the object from the SPSS Navigator, and in Excel you are pasting with Edit > Paste, then neither application is misbehaving. However, you still don't get the results you desire. To get Excel to paste properly, use Edit > Paste Special > Text.. and this ought to work.

HTH,

John Norton Biostatistician Oncology Institute Loyola University Medical Center

(708) 327-3095 jnorton@lumc.edu

"Everything that can be counted isn't worth counting, and everything that is worth counting isn't always countable." - Einstein

>>> Mahbub Khandoker <Mahbub_Khandoker@camh.net> 04/07/05 12:25 PM >>> Most often I use the spss output in excel. But when I paste the output in excel the percentages are become number. So I have to format the number into percentage in excel. I don't know whether it is an excel problem or not. Is there any way in spss by which the percentages are remaining as percentages when pasted in excel? Or is it an excel matter? Thanks for your time. Mahbub

Mahbub Khandoker Analyst IMG-Decision Support Centre for Addiction and Mental Health 1001 Queen Street West Toronto, Ontario, Canada M6J 1H4 Phone: 416 535 8501 X 6534

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this e-mail may not be that of the organization.