Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 09:15:04 -0800
Sender: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Subject: Course***R/S System: Advanced Programming,
San Francisco ***March 31st-April1st
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
XSolutions Corp (www.xlsolutions-corp.com) is proud to announce
our "Advanced R/Splus programming" course taught by R Development
Core Team Guru!
*********San Francisco ----------> March 31st-April 1st, 2005
*********Boston, MA ----------> TBD
Early-bird discount ends Feb 25th!
Ask for group discount and reserve your seat Now (payment due after
Email Sue Turner: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Overview of R/S fundamentals: Syntax and Semantics
- Class and Inheritance in R/S-Plus
- Concepts, Construction and good use of language objects
- Coercion and efficiency
- Object-oriented programming in R and S-Plus
- Advanced manipulation tools: Parse, Deparse, Substitute, etc.
- How to fully take advantage of Vectorization
- Generic and Method Functions; S4 (S-Plus 6)
- Search path, databases and frames Visibility
- Working with large objects
- Handling Properly Recursion and iterative calculations
- Managing loops; For (S-Plus) and for() loops
- Consequences of Lazy Evaluation
- Efficient Code practices for large computations
- Memory management and Resource monitoring
- Writing R/S-Plus functions to call compiled code
- Writing and debugging compiled code for R/S-Plus system
- Connecting R/S-Plus to External Data Sources
- Understanding the structure of model fitting functions in R/S-Plus
- Designing and Packaging efficiently a new model function
It'll also deal with lots of S-Plus efficiency issues and any special
from participants is welcome.
Please let us know if you and your colleagues are interested in this
to take advantage of group discount. Over half of the seats in this
are currently reserved. Register now to secure your seat in this
Elvis Miller, PhD
206 686 1578