Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2005, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Jan 2005 19:59:08 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         BSchwartz <brian@HOMEBOYS.DK>
Subject:      correlation and time series

I want to assess whether or not there is a significant correlation between two variables 'spend' and 'score' across time. Sounds easy, or :-)

However, my data is structured as follows: 400.000 customers' 'spend' and 'score' has been observed for 17 time periods. That gives me 34 variables for each customer: spend_1 spend_2 ...etc..... and score_1 score_2....etc...

The theory is that there is a positive correlation between spending behaviour and scoring but I don't know how to prove it.

Can anyone put me on the right track ? My question is both theoretically and practically (using SAS).