Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2005)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Jan 2005 18:15:07 -0500
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Russ Wigh <rdwigh@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      more about Barnacle Geese

G-birders

I have calls into Patauxent (sp) about the mysterious blue band on one of these birds, and I was suspicious of them as wild birds because they let me get so close. However, if you go to this link - those of you who care about this find - http://museum.gov.ns.ca/mnh/nature/nsbirds/bns0050.htm you will read that this species is notorious for allowing humans to approach, and is called the 'fool' goose by some. This may well be one of the southernmost observations of this species in any event. I will post CarolinaBirds to see if anyone has spotted something like this along those coasts.

Russ Wigh Skidaway Island, GA