Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 9 Aug 2004 12:08:49 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Rune Runnestoe <rune@FASTLANE.NO>
Subject:      Re: merging datasets to a file

Gary Ross <gary_ross@mgic.com> wrote in message news:<41178338.CCD0C9AD@mgic.com>...

> You could try: > > put _numeric_ _character_ ; > > Be advised, though, you lose formatting for the character variables > unless they are all the same length (not likely), but: > > put _numeric_ 8. _character_ $10. ; > > should work.

It doesn't seem to work, but thanks anyway. put _numeric_ provokes an error message in the log. put _character_ or put _character_ $10 doesn't write any data to the file.

But - the problem is solved. Paul Choate advised me to try put (_all_)(:) or put (_all_) ('09'x):

So here is the code: %let lib = dev; data &lib..all; set &lib..class2 &lib..class3; file 'd:\concatenated.dat'; put (_all_) (:); run;

and that works fine. I prefer (:) to ('09'x) because it looks better. I don't know what (:) means or why it works, but that doesn't bother me so much as long as it works :-).

Regards Rune