Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 24 Jun 2004 01:06:57 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Talbot Michael Katz <topkatz@MSN.COM>
Subject:      %SYSFUNC and PUT function

Hi.

I wanted to create integer macro variables of equal length, using the Zw.d format, e.g., 0001, 0002, 0003,...

I figured I would do something like: %let v = %sysfunc(put(&i.,Z4.));

To my shock and dismay, this didn't work. I got the following message: ERROR: The PUT function referenced in the %SYSFUNC or %QSYSFUNC macro function is not found.

Well, I was able to use the following clunky work-around: %let l = %length(&i.); %if &l. < 4 %then %let v = %sysfunc(repeat(0,3 - &l.))&i.; %else %let v = &i.;

But what gives with sysfunc and put? Bug or feature?

-- TMK --