LISTSERV at the University of Georgia
Menubar Imagemap
Home Browse Manage Request Manuals Register
Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:52:08 -0400
Reply-To:     "Fehd, Ronald J. (PHPPO)" <rjf2@CDC.GOV>
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Fehd, Ronald J. (PHPPO)" <rjf2@CDC.GOV>
Subject:      Re: v9.2 projected release date
Comments: cc: Quentin McMullen <quentin_mcmullen@BROWN.EDU>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Quentin, it's time to learn to be reeeeaallly persuasive!

v9.2 is currently vaporware otherwise, look for it in 'mid'-2005

"Please step up to the window, with your two dollars in hand."

see definition of the SAS 'mid'-year function in my previous posts

Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2@cdc.gov who usually only bets on a Sure Thing. but that is one reason to attend The Opening Session

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say. -Marshall McLuhan, cultural historian and communications theorist (1911-1980)

> -----Original Message----- > From: Quentin McMullen [mailto:quentin_mcmullen@BROWN.EDU]

> sigh... > > Is there an official estimate for a release date of 9.2 on > sas.com? Unofficial rumors? > > Version 9.1 has apparently arrived at my fine university. > > However, I'm still learning the oddities of educational > contracts with SAS. > > The master CDs are here (somewhere). But my *department* > needs to pay a > (nominal) fee for each person upgrading to 9.1. (So it aint > like most companies, where you have an annual license fee > that includes 'free' upgrades). > > So now that the CDs are at the university, the people in my > department are wondering, "should we pay nominal_fee*10 > SASprogrammers to upgrade to 9.1 if that means we will again > have to pay nominal_fee*10 again in the fall to get to 9.2?" > > Of course, I'm holding my breath waiting for 9.1, so I'm > hoping I can tell them (honestly :) "we won't be seeing 9.2 > any time soon, so let's go ahead and get 9.1." > > Thanks for any info, > --Quentin >


Back to: Top of message | Previous page | Main SAS-L page