Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 14 Dec 2003 07:37:20 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Yanal <fake@BYU.EDU>
Subject:      SYNCSORT

I was told that SYNCSORT using the MVS enviroment is more efficient than SAS when sorting datasets (in fact, if you look at the SAS log you will see that SAS calls SYNCSORT when sorting). SYNSCORT also merges and subsets datasets, and is more efficient than SAS in doing so.

I am trying to find a tutorial or sample code using SYNCSORT. I cannot find any. Does anyone know where I can find some? I am more interested in subsetting and merging data than sorting the data.

Thank you