Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:39:58 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Fehd, Ronald J. (PHPPO)" <rjf2@CDC.GOV>
Subject:      Re: Systematically Get Filename of Code

From: Balint, Jess [mailto:JBalint@ALLDATA.NET] > I am researching the possibility of using > base SAS functionality to retrieve > the name of a SAS program that is open. I > haven't found anything that would > be able to do it. Does somebody know if this > is possible?

possible? yes. stable? perhaps.

why do you want to do this?

if you are interested in putting the current program name into either titles or footnotes, note carefully that the supplied approaches will knot work within %included files

my kludge, which I am finding more and more handy is to use %Let ProgName = ProgramA;

I have developed a utility ProgList that keeps track of called program names. which is quite useful when tracing depth of %includes

Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2@cdc.gov

remember perspective: the filename is not always where or when it seems to occur! -- RJF2

If you want creative workers, give them enough time to play. -- John Cleese, comic actor (1939- )