Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 2 Dec 2003 15:00:17 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Ian Whitlock <WHITLOI1@WESTAT.COM>
Subject:   Re: SASware ballot 22 Enhanced Editor
Comments:   To: "Fehd, Ronald J. (PHPPO)" <rjf2@CDC.GOV>

I would far prefer that they simply fix some of the bugs in processing semi-colons. For example, the enhanced editor sometimes quietly inserts them (%put xxxx) and often colors lines after an open code macro call which does not use a semicolon as error. (However, in the latter case the code does process correctly and in the former it usually doesn't matter.)

I wonder what kind of a vote "Fix all bugs within 2 new SAS releases" would get.

IanWhitlock@westat.com -----Original Message----- From: Fehd, Ronald J. (PHPPO) [mailto:rjf2@CDC.GOV] Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 11:43 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: SASware ballot 22 Enhanced Editor

22 add an option to the Enhanced Editor to permit syntax-driven intelligent <---<<< %-Q word wrapping

"Oh, no, please, Hal. Don't wrap my words into that briar patch!?!"

AiiYaa!

I think they should add an item to the SASware ballot: "submitted on a Friday"

BigIron's ISPF has a TextFlow line command. An intelligent way to make your polishing go really fast, or create a need to restore from backup.

"What were they thinking?!"

Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2@cdc.gov

Efficiency is intelligent laziness. -David Dunham ... maybe?