Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 Nov 2003 09:12:35 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Fehd, Ronald J. (PHPPO)" <rjf2@CDC.GOV>
Subject:      Re: SASware fileref err-handling
Comments: cc: cassell.david@EPAMAIL.EPA.GOV

> From: David L. Cassell [mailto:cassell.david@EPAMAIL.EPA.GOV] > Personally, I'm still waiting for more error-handling on the > filename engines. But that's just me. Maybe most people > *prefer* filename engines that break when anything goes wrong...

David you may wish to RTFM on these two System AutoMagic macro variables: AUTOMATIC SYSFILRC 0 AUTOMATIC SYSLIBRC 0

each contains a Return Code after FileName or Libname statement.

after which you may wish to write -- or roll -- your own err-handling routine(s)

Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2@cdc.gov

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say. -Marshall McLuhan, cultural historian and communications theorist (1911-1980)