Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Sep 2003 10:59:17 +0200
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Groeneveld, Jim" <jim.groeneveld@VITATRON.COM>
Subject:      Re: please check for viruses
Comments: To: zappa27513 <zappa27513@YAHOO.COM>

Yes, very likely someone being subscribed to this list has an active virus on his/her computer. Very difficult to find out who, and even if so, unsubscribing him/her would not help because virus/spam mail is being sent directly, not via the list. But it is very important if EVERYONE ON THE LIST SAS-L WOULD CHECK THEIR SYSTEM FOR VIRUSSES! As long as the infected persons system remains infected, we, many regular contributors to SAS-L, are being flooded with many tens or hundreds of direct email containing virusses and automatic replies of mail servers to that!

SO EVERYONE PLEASE CHECK YOUR SYSTEM AND CLEAN IT. If you appear to be the source of the annoyance, you do not need to report that to us (though it would be appreciated), you may remain unknown, OK? As long as we may be spared the viral mail.

Regards - Jim.

Y. (Jim) Groeneveld MSc Biostatistician Vitatron B.V. Meander 1051 6825 MJ Arnhem The Netherlands +31/0 26 376 7365; fax 7305 Jim.Groeneveld@Vitatron.com www.vitatron.com

-----Original Message----- From: zappa27513 [mailto:zappa27513@YAHOO.COM] Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 23:22 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: please check for viruses

if everyone would please take a moment to check your computer for viruses, it would probably make my life much easier.

i think someone has one of those viruses that automatically sends itself to everyone in your address book.

thanks in advance!

Joel