Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2003, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:58:56 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Tomasz <zombek_1@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Reason for transforming variables

Dear SAS-L,

Working with Enterprise Miner I have found a Variable Transform Node. Due to the lack of information on the internet I am posting my question on this forum.

What is the reason for transforming variables into normally distributed? I think this will affect the results of my analysis. Is it better to transform or not. I could not find any paper saying clearly about the raesons for transformations, only statments: "it is commonly used..." But I wonder why.

If any of you faced this kind of problem, please let me know your suggestions.

Tomasz