Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Jun 2003 02:28:26 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Tony <hztangli@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      encrypt sas dataset specific column

Hi All, I have a sas dataset called passwd,which contains two column,USER and PASSWORD.I want other people also can open the dataset and see value in USER column,but they can only see encrypted value(not the real value) in PASSWORD column,but in my sas program logic I should be able to use the real value,for example: data _null_; if user='Scott' and password='tiger' then ... In short,the dataset looks similar to passwd file on unix. How can I encrypt dataset's specific column? Thanks, Tony