Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (April 2003, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 14 Apr 2003 17:22:36 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Farrer, Andrew C" <Andrew.Farrer@CIBC.COM>
Subject:   Re: Monthly SAS datasets in a GDG
Comments:   To: Jeff Morison <jmt_mtf@YAHOO.COM>

intck in a macro should do it for you. This seems OK:

%macro gdg(month) ; /* month in ccyymmmdd format */ data _null_ ; gennum = intck('month',today(),"&month"d) ; put gennum= ; call symput ('gennum',compress(gennum)) ; run ; %put ***&gennum**** ; %mend ;

%gdg(01feb2003) ; %put libname mth&gennum "hlq.sasdata(&gennum)" disp = shr ;

%gdg(01feb2002) ; %put libname mth&gennum "hlq.sasdata(&gennum)" disp = shr ;

/* Then */ data whatever ; set mth&gennum..monthly ; /* etc. */

-----Original Message----- From: Jeff Morison [mailto:jmt_mtf@YAHOO.COM] Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 4:19 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Monthly SAS datasets in a GDG

We have a GDG containing each member a monthly SAS dataset spanning back to 48 months, sometimes I need to access a specific month's data, currently I count back manually to find that specific month's GDG member number and then access that dataset into my data step.

Is there any easy way to do this?.

TIA, Jeff