Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 31 Jan 2003 23:46:25 GMT
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Paula Sims <paula_sims00@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:   Writing interface for user input --HELP!!

Hello everyone, You have come through for me before and I hope that you will be able to help me again.

My boss came up to me the other day and asked me to re-write a program so that the average user can input some information (effective date, type of analysis), and the program would run. Unfortunately, this has to be done in the mainframe.

After asking around, some have suggested CLISTs and others have suggested the "%WINDOW route". I can steal someone's CLIST code from work but I don't know anything about %WINDOW and don't know anyone who does. I'm looking for specific examples (interpret: I don't know what I'm doing and can't be trusted to think for myself). In some cases the answers required would be a choice of A or B, and in other cases, actual fre-form info (like e-mail address) would be required.

Any and all help would be greatfully appreciated.

-- Paula Sims paula_sims00@hotmail.com