Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:07:16 -0800
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   BSanders <bsanders@CENSUS.GOV>
Subject:   SOLUTION: CGI Timeout problems with SAS/IntrNet

OK, I'm apparently one of those people that answers their own questions.

My problem was that while running a program through SASIntrNet on IIS 5.0 on Windows 2000 Pro, my scritps kept timing out at 300 seconds even though the SAS config files (broker.cfg) gave the service a 600 second time out.

It turns out that this was due to an IIS setting.

That setting can be changed this way: - Go to the Control Panel - Go to Administrative Tools - Go to Internet Services Manager - Click on the computer whose settings you wish to modify (most likely the one at the top of the list) - Select PROPERTIES from the ACTION menu - On the INTERNET INFORMATION SERVICES tab (the only one visible to me), under MASTER PROPERTIES, make sure WWW SERVICE is selected from the menu. Click EDIT. - Click the HOME DIRECTORY tab - Click the CONFIGURATION button - Click the PROCESS OPTIONS tab - Under CGI CONFIGURATION, set the CGI SCRIPT TIMEOUT to your preferred value.

Oy!

If you fidn another way to resolve this, let me know.

- Blake -