Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:59:38 -0600
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Jack Hamilton <JackHamilton@FIRSTHEALTH.COM>
Subject:   Re: SAS-L
Comments:   To: statman45@HOTMAIL.COM

Lists have been assimilated into the Internet tribe, while Usenet newgroups maintain a guarded independence.

There is a gateway between SAS-L the list and comp.soft-sys.sas the newsgroup; when the gods are pleased each will be a mirror of the other, but the gods are often displeased.

There's no way to tell whether there are more newsgroup readers or mailing list readers, but my guess is that there are more mailing list posters. Perhaps Joe has statistics on this.

-- JackHamilton@FirstHealth.com Manager, Technical Development METRICS Department, First Health West Sacramento, California USA

----- Original Message ----- From: "DWilliams" <daisy@TAMPABAY.RR.COM> To: <SAS-L@LISTSERV.VT.EDU> Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 8:58 PM Subject: SAS-L