Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:04:58 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jeff Voeller <c-Jeff.Voeller@WCOM.COM>
Subject:      Re: SAS/AF
Comments: To: "Bosch, Jules [PRDUS Non J&J]" <JBosch1@PRDUS.JNJ.COM>

SAS/AFI hope AF is around for a while. There may be other products/languages that can accomplish the same thing in the Unix/PC world, but I don't think anything else can touch it on the mainframe. My job consists largely of making impenetrable-to-normal-people mainframe tasks user-friendly via SAS/AF and I love it!

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Bosch, Jules [PRDUS Non J&J] Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 8:46 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: SAS/AF

I am interested in looking at the future of SAS/AF and I am seeking comments from anyone in the forum who can shed some light on the subject.

By way of background, in this forum it seems SAS/AF queries are few and far between. (We had one his morning under the Subject: Scatter Control.) Is this an indication that there is very little AF work being accomplished. Or, are those doing the AF work so proficient with the product that they have no need to query here? I know that V8.2 AF can be complex so I doubt the latter is the case.

Further, in looking at DICE.COM, I see there are fourteen open positions across America requiring SAS/AF skills (and some could be duplicates). Again, could this be a valid indicator that the product is fading?

Finally, hearsay has it that AF will not be a part of V9.

TIA.

Jules Bosch

[text/html]