Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2002)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 Aug 2002 18:20:38 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Christian Schmidhauser <schmidhauser@brunnerhess.ch>
Subject:      AW: Editing explore syntax
Comments: To: Bob Green <bgreen@dyson.brisnet.org.au>

Bob

the SUMMARIZE command includes the follwing statistics:

[/CELLS= [MEAN] [COUNT**] [STDDEV] [MEDIAN] [GMEDIAN] [SEMEAN] [SUM ] [MIN] [MAX] [RANGE] [VARIANCE] [KURT] [SEKURT] [SKEW] [SESKEW] [FIRST] [LAST] [NPCT] [SPCT] [NPCT(var)][SPCT(var)] [HARMONIC] [GEOMETRIC] [DEFAULT] [ALL] [NONE] ]

Unfortunately CINTERVAL 95 (and others) of the statistics of EXAMINE are not included in the SUMMARIZE command. On the other hand you have some statistics in SUMMARIZE command available that you will not get through the EXAMINE command (such as the geometric mean for example).

Christian