Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (July 2002, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 20 Jul 2002 21:12:47 +0300
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Arto Raiskio <arto@RAISKIO.COM>
Subject:      specifying profile option sas

normally on WinNT/W2K server, I run my sasjobs via the NT Scheduler by using the command:

c:\sas\sas.exe c:\path\modulename.sas

so, for example if I want to schedule a module specialjob.sas in c:\temp, the command in the Scheduler looks like c:\sas\sas.exe c:\temp\specialjob.sas

my question is: when several jobs autoschedule (some run at hourly intervals, some more often) at the same time, sas puts up a window complaining the PROFILE is in use and if I am not present to click on the OK button, the job sits there until someone walks to the server

is there a profile switch option to ignore the problem that two or more jobs may attempt to use the same profile and to use some temporary profile instead?

the cfg file contains the string -SASUSER <location> but I'm not sure how to tell the Scheduler to ignore possible conflicts if two jobs are attempting to use the same folder ? (ie -SASUSER C:\SAS\V8\ )

tried looking through google but nothing matched this.