Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2002, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 1 Jul 2002 15:25:46 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Delaney, Kevin P." <khd8@CDC.GOV>
Subject:   Sql v. datastep

Maybe its cause it's a Monday, but I can't figure out how to replicate the data step below as Sql code:

Data both ina inb; Merge a (in=a) b(in=b); By id; If a and b the output both; Else if a and ^b then output ina; Else if ^a and b then output inb; Run;

I can get the dataset both in Sql as:

Proc sql; Create table both as Select a.*,b.* From a as a inner join b as b On a.id=b.id; Order by id; Quit;

But getting the obs only in A and those only in b is escaping me...

Thanks again,

Kevin Delaney KDelaney@cdc.gov