Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 23 May 2002 00:33:38 +0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Sidne Gail Ward <sward@COMPUTONET.COM>
Subject:      Re: Multiple post hoc univariate anovas?

In <dctneukiu4rhn9itqopeftlabq2e5i20vd@4ax.com> Jay Weedon <jweedon@earthlink.net> writes:

>On Wed, 22 May 2002 07:33:21 +0000 (UTC), Sidne Gail Ward ><sward@computonet.com> wrote:

>>I have one two-level independent variable and about 10 continuous >>dependent variables. I've used manova to get the significance of the >>model. Now I'd like to see how each individual dependent variable is >>related to the independent variable. >> >>I assume that if I perform a series of univariate anovas, I'll run into a >>Type I error problem. How can I control for this?

>PROC MULTTEST seems ideally suited to your problem.

Yes it is. Thank you! I'd never heard of it before (and I can't find it in my old SAS 6 manuals). I'm using SAS v8, though, so I managed to find some documentation on it.

There's an astonishing variety of different tests available. Now I need to figure out which to use (Sidak, permutation, bootstrap, step-up, stepdown, etc.) Anyone have any pointers to a source to help me select one (or more)?

Thanks again, Sidne -- Sidne Gail Ward sward@computonet.com