Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 May 2002 12:56:38 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Dorfman, Paul" <Paul.Dorfman@BCBSFL.COM>
Subject:      Re: [DATA STEP] Zubrowka
Comments: To: Richard Read Allen <rrallen@ATTGLOBAL.NET>

> From: Richard Read Allen [mailto:rrallen@ATTGLOBAL.NET] > > Paul, > > I'd venture to guess that very few on the SAS-L have ever > heard of this fine vodka from Poland, which is a shame. I was turned on to this > tasty tincture by my ex-wife, a German, and her family. It quickly became my favorite > vodka. We'd always bring back a few bottles when we'd visit > over there and introduced it to our friends, who all loved it as much as we > did. There's nothing like vodka "Flavoured with an extract of Zubrowka, > the fragrant herb beloved by the European Bison". I've never been able to find > a distributor in the USA.. I'm down to my last liter bottle, so if you know > of one, please let me know. Otherwise, I may have to make another trip to Europe to > replenish my supply.

Richard,

Try distributors dealing with Russia or Byelorussia. Both make the same fine tincture using the same herb, only call it Zubrovka plugging 'v' instead of 'w'. Byelovyezhskaya Pushcha, the territory where the grass and the bison usually meet each other, is located at the border of Byelorussia and Poland, feeding the silly argument over who was there first, which, like all arguments of this sort, is never going to be settled. Fortunately, the argument does not affect the quality of the vodka, even makes it better by fueling competition.

Going to Europe after Zubrowka? As good a pretext as another :-). Is is not good to know that on SAS-L folks learn not only about good ways of writing SAS programs, but about good stuff helping them maintain the mental shape necessary to write the programs as well.

Bud'mo!

Kind regards, ================ Paul M. Dorfman Jacksonville, FL ================

> > At 05:32 AM 5/2/02 +0000, Paul Dorfman wrote: > > > From: zubrowka <zubrowka@GMX.NET> > > Zubrowka, > > First, let me congratulate you on the selection of the fine > spirit you have > chosen to represent your, undoubtly noble, name. I hope you > imbibe this > magnificent alcohol-based tincture on a regular basis, thus > keeping your > blood vessels unclogged, especially those in the brain tissue > - so crucial > to our brother a SAS programmer. (Not having Zubrowka readily > available, I > resort to Ukrainian Gorilka that uses a pepper instead of the > Zubrowka. Note > that only Zubrowka grass urinated upon by a bison is supposed > to be used in > making of the spirit. Folks not having enough palate to > distinguish between > one made with plain grass and that urinated upon by a bison > should not try > quitting their current SAS profession and becoming vodka > tasting experts.) > >

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc., and its subsidiary and affiliate companies are not responsible for errors or omissions in this e-mail message. Any personal comments made in this e-mail do not reflect the views of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc.