Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Apr 2002 16:29:43 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Robert Abelson <rabelson@KAI-RESEARCH.COM>
Subject:      Macro syntax question: summary

Thanks to Ian Whitlock, Dennis Diskin, and Andreas Grueninger for pointing out a couple of things: first, that since I was using passthru to MS ACCESS, the datepart function would not make sense; second, that it's clearer to code %if %length(&where) ne 0 %then %do; and third, I was using '28FEB2002'x instead of '28FEB2002'd (which would make a huge difference). I finally gave up on passthru and used the LIBNAME ODBC engine instead.

Bob Abelson KAI 6001 Montrose Rd. Suite 920 Rockville, MD 20852 T: 301-770-2730 F: 301-770-4183 rabelson@kai-research.com