Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2002, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 Jan 2002 21:43:33 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@IX.NETCOM.COM>
Subject:      Re: FTP and read XPORT data set

on Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 04:12:11PM -0700, Kastner, William (Kastner.William@BROADBAND.ATT.COM) wrote: > I have a series of files in XPORT format sitting on a UNIX server. I am > trying to download and read them using PC SAS. I have tried using the > following code but seem to be missing something because I can't get the file > transferred and read in. The process works fine if I manually download the > file and read it in using PROC COPY. > > FILENAME mycomp FTP "file1.xpt" > CD="/usr/sas/work/servicable" > USER="user" > PASS="****" > HOST="mycomputer.domain.com"; > > DATA _null_; > INFILE comp; > INPUT; > file 'c:\test.xpt'; > put _infile_; > RUN; > > libname in xport 'c:\test.xpt'; > > proc copy out=work in=in; > run; > > > Can someone please point me in the right direction?

What log or error messages are you getting? How is the process failing?

Peace.

-- Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com> http://kmself.home.netcom.com/ What part of "Gestalt" don't you understand? Home of the brave http://gestalt-system.sourceforge.net/ Land of the free We freed Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA! http://www.freesklyarov.org Geek for Hire http://kmself.home.netcom.com/resume.html

[application/pgp-signature]