Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (December 2001, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:53:39 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Michael L. Davis" <michael@BASSETTCONSULTING.COM>
Subject:      Re: I want to teach myself AppDev Studio, How do I do that,
              any doc around?

Hello "Action Man" and other SAS-L Friends,

When Bassett Consulting received the current release of AppDev Studio, it came with "Getting Started with AppDev Studio: Second Edition". It is not a bad place to start.

SAS is always happy to accept your money for public training. Visit the following link to see the courses:

http://www.sas.com/service/edu/ustrain/prod_studio.html

Some of the courses deal with SAS/IntrNet, with which you are already familiar. However,

- SAS Web Tools: Developing JavaServer Pages and Servlets Using webAF Software - SAS Web Tools: Understanding Java in webAF Applications

may be of interest to you. You might want to talk to the folks in the education division. When they first offered AppDev Studio training, it centered on teaching how to build applets. Now the focus is JSP and servlets (not a bad thing!). If you were planning to build applets, you might want to ask what public training is available to do this.

There is a lot of information about AppDev Studio on the SAS web site. Visit:

http://www.sas.com/rnd/appdev/index.htm

Last, don't overlook SUGI papers that deal with AppDev Studio. Acrobat (PDF) versions of recent SUGI papers can be found at:

http://www.sas.com/usergroups/sugi/proceedings/index.html

BTW, since this is a distribution list, "SAS Guru" should be plural <wink>.

Best wishes,

- Michael "Mad Doggy" Davis

At 10:25 AM 12/11/2001 -0500, Action Man <wollo_desse@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote: >Hi SAS guru; > >I have Installed AppDev Studio on my WIN NT Last week. I have SAS/IntrNet >version 8.2. (I have developed many application using the Dispatcher and SAS >htmSQL) So, I am good in using the SAS/IntrNet application. > >I am trying to teach myself the AppDev Studio and I do not know where to >start. I surfed the SAS.COM web pages I could not find anything useful >(Maybe I did not hit the right address yet). Is there any book written on >how to use the AppDev Studio? Is there any manual written somewhere else so >that I will buy it? > >Do SAS have special class for this application? Please advice me how I could >start to use this application. > >Kindly; >Wollo > > >_________________________________________________________________ >Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

Michael L. Davis Vice President Bassett Consulting Services, Inc. 10 Pleasant Drive North Haven CT 06473-3712 E-Mail: michael@bassettconsulting.com Web: http://www.bassettconsulting.com Telephone: 203-562-0640 Facsimile: 203-498-1414 Messages: 888-477-1412