Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 7 Nov 2001 09:40:33 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Boyd Newlin <bnewlin@INSMED.COM>
Subject:   Re: Different x-axis with gplot
Comments:   To: Frank Poppe <frank.poppe@pwcons.com>

Thanks Frank. You are correct. The reason why I wasn't seeing the desired results was because I didn't realize I had the uniform option on. As soon as I took that out ..... it worked fine. Actually, with Ya Huang's suggestion, I didn't even need different axes or where clauses. The only thing I needed was to create a by variable that held the desired range and process the plot with the by var. The bottom line was ..... I was doing four things (using uniform, created by var and processing with it, used different x-axes, and a where clause). So I removed 3 of the 4, keeping the by var. ......... and that worked. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that sometimes the difficult can make you do too much than is needed. Just a little thought.

-----Original Message----- From: Frank Poppe [mailto:frank.poppe@pwcons.com] Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2001 11:11 AM To: 'bnewlin@INSMED.COM' Subject: Re: Different x-axis with gplot

Boyd,

I don't think it is necessary to use where clauses. If you have an AXIS statement with an ORDER clause that will take care of the subsetting. I'd say this would be enough:

axis2 label=("Time (Days)") order=(1 to 30 ) w=3; axis3 label=("Time (Days)") order=(31 to 60) w=3; axis4 label=("Time (Days)") order=(61 to 90) w=3;

proc gplot data=plt uniform gout=&g1; by .... ; plot result*time=type / vaxis=axis1 haxis=axis2 legend=legend1; plot result*time=type / vaxis=axis1 haxis=axis3 legend=legend1; plot result*time=type / vaxis=axis1 haxis=axis4 legend=legend1; run;

Frank Poppe PW Consulting the Netherlands

"Boyd Newlin" <bnewlin@INSMED.COM> wrote in message news:593004F1E467D4118ADF00508BD632D336B00D@BDC_EXCH <news:593004F1E467D4118ADF00508BD632D336B00D@BDC_EXCH> ... > First I want to thank all of you who have helped me most recently, Perry > Watts, Dale Mclerran, Huang Ya, Jeff Voeller, Michael Zdeb, Dennis Disken,

> Ron Fehd, Greg Woolridge, Jay (long timer) Weedon, and many others who have > helped over the years. I don't post here all that often, but do get my > mements. > > SAS/Graph ..... using proc gplot. I have a set of x-axis values ranging from > 1 - 90. I want to split this into 3 x-axes each with it's own graph. Ex. > Graph 1 would have 1 - 30 x-axis, Graph two would have 31 - 60 x-axis, Graph > three would have 61 - 90 x-axis. Is there a way to run this without having

> to run 3 separate proc gplot statements using a different axis? That's the

> way I'm doing it now .... I have defined 3 different axes and using a where > clause in the gplot that would correspond to the correct axis. Understand?

> > Thanks > > Boyd Newlin > Senior Programmer Analyst > Insmed Incorporated > Biostatistics and Programming > P.O. Box 2400 > Glen Allen, VA 23058 > 804-565.3040 > fax 804-565.5311 > bnewlin@insmed.com

[text/html]