Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Nov 2001 07:44:39 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         kviel <kviel@GMCF.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Proc Upload

Have you considered a view?

data view_whatever / view=view_whatever; set whatever.whatever(drop=variables); run;

proc upload data=view_whatever out=someelse.someelse; run;

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin Viel Georgia Medical Care Foundation 57 Executive Park South, NE suite 200 Atlanta, GA 30329-2224

-----Original Message----- From: gary_ross@MGIC.COM [mailto:gary_ross@MGIC.COM] Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 5:01 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Proc Upload

I am dismayed. I have a Sasfile on Mvs which has 150 observations. I am moving the file to Unix with Sas Connect Proc Upload. I want to drop 50 of the variables so the upload processes faster.

The following doesn't work: proc upload data=whatever.whatever(drop=variables) out=someelse.someelse; run;

I don't see a way to drop the variables with Proc Datasets. I want to avoid creating another work or permanent Sasfile if possible. Anybody?