Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Nov 2001 11:57:45 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Arthur J Kendall <KendallA@GAO.GOV>
Subject:      Re: Missing Data
Comments: To: lhoward@MTSU.EDU

count nmiss = var1 to var8 (missing,sysmis). frequencies vars=nmiss. select if nmiss eq 0. save outfile = 'c:\to_amos.sav'.

However, this gives you a listwise deletion. Be sure that is what you want, i.e, that you exclude variables with large numbers of missing values, etc.

the general syntax is COUNT varname=varlist(value list) [/varname=...]

Numeric value list keywords LOWEST (LO) HIGHEST (HI) THRU MISSING SYSMIS