Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 Sep 2001 05:56:14 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Wim Goettsch <wim.goettsch@PHARMO.NL>
Subject:      array subscript out of range: using substrings with array

Hello,

I always get a error message 'array subscript out of range' when I use this program:

data b; set a; array c{*} z01-z10; do i=1 to 10; if c{substr(i,1,1)}='8' then d=1; end; run;

I use this program to select a group of diagnoses, in z01-z10 is diagnosis information (z01=main diagnosis, z02-z10 other diagnoses) on a file of 600.000 records (100Mb). When I do not use the phrase 'substring' I do not have any problems.

I use SAS V8.2, Windows, PIII 750 MHZ, 10 Gb, 128MB. Does anyone know the reason for this error message?

Thanks,

Wim Goettsch