Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (September 2001, week 1)Back to main CONCH-L pageJoin or leave CONCH-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Sep 2001 20:35:26 -0700
Sender:       Conchologists of America List <CONCH-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Tom Rice (Of Sea and Shore)" <ofseashr@SINCLAIR.NET>
Subject:      Re: Updated Seashells of British Columbia

Peter and Carol,

Washington has instituted draconian restrictions on collecting! A number of the edible/commercial mollusks are regulated as to number of pounds, or in the case of the largest bivalves (Tresus and Panopea) number of specimens. Then they have what are called "miscellaneous critters" (not their exact term) which covers everything else not specifically mentioned - for those you can collected ONLY TEN IN THE AGGREGATE! (Pick up a large Nucella lamellosa, with nine barnacles on the shell and you're done for the day!) A license is required fo any type of collecting. We'll get out more exact details and costs prior to the C.O.A. meeting and are attempting to obatin a scientific permit that would cover all attending the conference, but that's not a certain thing as of now.

Sorry for the bad news - Washington USED to be a great place to collect shells.

Tom Rice ----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Egerton" <seashell@INTERGATE.CA> To: <CONCH-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2001 7:46 PM Subject: Re: Updated Seashells of British Columbia