Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Aug 2001 13:51:09 +0100
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Paul Mcgeoghan <Mcgeoghan@CARDIFF.AC.UK>
Subject:      data entry 2

Hi,

I am trying to evaluate SPSS Data Entry 2, has anyone else experienced a problem trying to delete cases. If I have 5/5 cases in the table entry window and the first 4 cases have data in them but the 5th case has no data. I highlight the row for the 5th case and then right-click and delete case which should delete the case but doesn't!

However, if I have say 6/6 cases in the data, I can delete the 5th above.

So I am always left with an extra case in the data and hence get rule violations for that case. Not too easy to use initially, I am finding. Paul