Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 Jul 2001 09:43:56 -0300
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Paolo ORIFICI <Orifici@LACAJA.COM.AR>
Subject:      Data restructuring

HI list members,

I'm new to SAS. I want to restructure my SAS dataset in order to obtain a single observation from multiple records.

The original data set has the following structure:

Claim Type Paid 1 body 100 1 body 70 1 body 30 2 material 5 2 material 7 3 body 70 3 material 3 3 material 8 3 body 30 4 material 12 4 body 20 5 body 120

The new dataset should have this new structure:

Claim Type_1 Paid_sum

1 Body 200 2 Material 12 3 Mixed 111 4 Mixed 32 5 Body 120

Thank you in advance.

Paolo Orifici